After such a delightful Christmas and some chocolate indulgence I saw the New Year popping around the corner and to be honest I'm quite exited for it! Although there is going to be a couple of mad busy months this year I really feel enthusiastic about making some little changes here and there to make for a year of adventure and happiness. Seen as I am so excited to make this upcoming year super amazing and sparkly bright I really wanted to share with you my little positive changes I'm going to be enjoying through the New Year. Let the lovely little list begin!
- Find a cute jar, maybe decorate it and whenever I make a happy memory write it down on a little slip of paper and put it in the jar. Often I find myself clueless as to what I did in the past week, even if it was a busy week or full of fun little activities. As I have grown over the past few years, in mind and soul, I've truly started to realised the importance and sentimentality of life and how precious it is and I really want to value and cherish every happy memory I make. Filling these delightful notes in a jar means whenever I am feeling low or simply can't remember what I have been up to in the past few days I can look through all the happy memories I have made and find joy in reading them.
- When people are hurtful or not so nice smile, remain kind, as I do, and don't let their coldness hurt me. At the end of the day harsh words and unkind people aren't worth the worry, it's their loss and I'm happy being me, a kind and lovely person. Life is not worth the worry!
- Get to bed by 10 pm every night. Now I'm not one to stay up late irresponsibly, playing video games or somewhat, however I often get really tired with college. Often I end up getting into my work and before I know it, it's 9 pm and I haven't had any time for myself to simply blog or have a chilled out flick through Instagram and when I go to bed I find it hard to fall asleep straight away as I'm desperate for a little time to myself. Going to bed early should hopefully give me a bit more energy so the next day I can work twice as efficiently and at the end of the day have some time to myself!
- Wear my braces every night. When I was about 12 I had train track braces to straighten out my teeth and after a year was given a retainer to wear every night. I did so for about two to three years however once I got to my hectic final year in school my braces went out the window and I barely wore them at all. I really value looking after myself and although it's more a cosmetic thing I love having lovely teeth and I really want to keep them lovely for as long as I can.
- Get more active, not to change my body shape, just to help myself feel a bit more energized.
- Improve my flexibility and learn to do the splits. I always envy those who simply fall into the splits and pull out a high arabesque with ease so I thought why not train myself to be able to do that too.
- Get back into ice skating and roller skating. I love these sports with a passion and find so much joy in doing them, especially when I build my confidence up and can do a few spins and jumps.
- Fill my eyebrows in at least once a week. It's not much of a life changing decision however I thoroughly enjoy doing my make up however eyebrows just aren't my forte and do you know what it is something I would really like to master!
- Wear more winged eye liner. Recently I have been trying the winged look and I can actually see improvement in my eye liner winging skills and I really think it complements my eyes. 2016 will be the year I conquer the winged eye liner, I am most excited about it!
- Do more photography. I absolutely adore this hobby and find so much joy in capturing dainty little, magical pictures and treasuring them. For Christmas I was most excited to receive a photography book off Father Christmas and I tell you I'm going to be reading it extensively with joy to help develop my photography skills and actually begin to understand all the parts of my camera!
- BLOG MOREEEE!!! Blogging is one of my most favourite hobbies and love to get creative with make up and create a multitude of eye looks. I also love it when I find an unexpected staple beauty product and want to rave about it until the cows come home.