Good day lovelies! After a rather busy couple of months to say the least I am returning to my little haven with the most exciting Liebster Award Tag. Thanks to Steph at Steph's World For tagging me, I am really excited to share a little bit about myself with you lovelies and would love to see your responses to the tag yourself. Without further ado, let us begin…
11 facts about myself -
- My cat is 20 years old.
- I can't swallow tablets and still take Calpol or Nurofen when I need pain relief.
- I ran into a scaffolding pole once and me and my friend cry-laughed (please don't try this!).
- I had fairly bad acne for two to three years.
- I got a distinction grade in one of my ballet exams and got entered into a national ballet competition once and, although I nowhere near won and was older than 99% of the contestants, it was one of my most proudest achievements.
- When my college nominated ambassadors I wasn't chosen and I was really disappointed in myself but I then tried the application for the last two places and got onto the team and then the role of head girl came up and I thought "why not, it's worth a try" and I actually got it and couldn't believe it. That was also another extremely proud moment in my life.
- When I was little I went to the Eden Project with my mum and dad on holiday and I fell over, hurt my knee and cried greatly and got to try everyone's ice cream (that was a great day!).
- I love Sheldon and nobody is more like Sheldon than I am. I am one with Sheldon! I am Sheldon!
- I have met Beth Tweddle.
- I also love Zoella and feel somewhere in some realm we are soul sisters because I have never known anyone more similar to me. It honestly shocks my mum. She is also a believer that somewhere in some way we are somehow related.
- I think I could eat green olives for the rest of my life. And guacamole!
Questions from Steph -
Where is the most exciting place you have visited?
Katy Perry's Prismatic World Tour concert!
In your spare time, what do you do?
Oh balls, I haven't had spare time in a while, haha :) When my work load gets a little less crazy my number one favourite hobby is blogging, doing my makeup, planning outfits and watching YouTube and admiring (and trying to learn) all the incredible makeup skills and hairdos of the beauty world. When I was a little younger I used to dance (ballet, tap and modern) and ballet was and still is my all-time favourite! I also ice skate but haven't done in a while, again due to my lack of free time, but I am planning to get back into my ballet and ice skating asap. Mindful colouring, exercise and yoga also make me beam from ear to ear and I have always loved baking. While I have had a pretty hectic past year though I spend most of my spare time with my family and friends because they are my everything and nothing makes me happier than being with them!
What is your favourite TV series right now?
OMG Dance Moms!! I danced for about 14 years with some of my best friends and oh, my, gosh I adored it and I adore dance. I think I am so obsessed with Dance Moms one because I love watching dance and two because it reminds me of when I used to dance and I can't deny three, Abby does remind me of my dance teacher a little but my dance teacher was much nicer :) I'm not going to lie, when Maddie does her solo's I often get up and dance along with her!
Do you have any trips planned this year?
Yep I mostly certainly do! One of the places I am visiting is Cornwall, which I am very much excited about as it is on my wish list of places to visit. To live in a cute house by the seaside with my loved ones is my ultimate dream. There is just something so peaceful, relaxing and homely I find about the seaside, and not just in Summer.
What habit do you find the most annoying?
This is by all means not a bad thing in anyway shape or form and I do not mean to offend anyone who says this, I think it just annoys me in a funny way because it makes me chuckle by reminding me of a homely scouse accent, haha :) When people are talking about their family or friends or whoever and they call them "our …", like saying "our Ellie". Again I don't know why this is a pet peeve of mine but it just makes me giggle, hehe :)
Do you have a favourite outfit which you wear over and over again?
Oh balls; now this is a difficult one. I like to mix up my look on a daily basis and my ootd usually reflects the mood/ theme I am feeling that morning (or the night before where I like to ponder on the endless joys of my over flowing wardrobe and try and plan something fancy to wear the next day). I seem to wear my pinafores A LOT! Oh and my high waisted skinny jeans are almost always my go to!
If you could eat in any restaurant right now, where would it be?
Each time I have glanced over this question there is only one place that pops into my head so I have to admit that it is the one. Although it's not necessarily a restaurant, I would have to say V Bites at Holland and Barret. It is an all vegan takeout food bar, that hot and cold food and drinks and all kinds of cake and sweet treats. It is literally the highlight of my uni days going to grab lunch from V Bites. Their food is so incredibly delicious you wouldn't realise it is any different to non-vegan food and there is literally something for anyone! Southern fried chicken burger (as I said all vegan!) you have my heart!
How do you come up with blogpost ideas?
I've heard a lot of people praise and preach the phrase "write what you would love to read" and in all honesty that really is how I mainly generate my blog post ideas. Inspiration comes from previous blog posts and YouTube videos I have watched and adored and at any given moment in the day I simply brainstorm some ideas that make me buzz with excitement. Whip out the camera, dabble in the products and plan the set up and I'm good to go. When I'm passionate about something I can go on about it for dayssss, so I do apologise for my lengthy posts. It's all from the heart!
How do you take your blog photographs?
Sometimes I'm close to dangling from the ceiling just to get that half decent flatlay; anyone else? It is a combination of hard work and determination as I am not the most technically gifted when it comes to lighting and cameras and find that my nose tends to dominate the majority of my selfies, but that's ok because my nose is kind and lets me smell chocolate so I will let it off :) I like to feed my inspiration by only following my favourite, favourite Instagram accounts that inspire me and try and draw together the techniques I see, (what techniques do I know to be honest?), along with a scattered plethora of things I find pretty. When it comes to pictures with me in I sometimes ask my mum to help me and she's getting there but it can be quite a giggle, I wouldn't have it any other way though :)
Do you think there is pressure to achieve good stats on your blog?
I'm not one hundred percent sure what the words stats for blogging entails so I'm going to say no. You can tell I'm still a newbie boobie when it comes to blogging, 2 and a half years on! To be honest I started my blog and only ever have blogged because I find it fun and I adore it and love sharing my passion and learning about other's passion in the beauty and fashion, internet vicinity. As good quotes say, enjoy the little things in life and when it comes to blogging I really do. I get most excited every time I get a new follower and feel blessed someone wants to join me and my madness and because of the smile it gives me, both inside and out, I never think about big things like blogger stats. I just enjoy the ride :)
Has blogging helped you in everyday life?
One hundred and ten percent yes. I love my life and even though in recent times things have been a bit of a whirlwind I wouldn't change it in a single way. However the things that make it so wonderful are all the little things I love and enjoy and am passionate about doing. Blogging, as with watching YouTube and reading other blogs, has become my little heavenly escape and nothing feels better than sitting down with a cuppa (and maybe some chocolate for that matter) and just blogging away. It is my own little world where I can be one hundred percent me and nothing else. To me, my blog is a collection of lovely things that bring me joy and I am a true believer in doing what makes you happy and being kind to others is what makes life beautiful.
11 bloggers I tag -
Here are my lovelies I am tagging to complete to Liebster Award Tag but sweet peas there is no pressure at all for you to do it, I just wanted to tag you all because you are all so lovely, you have the most amazing blogs and you are all special gems I have met along my blogging journey and deserve all the recognition in the world!
Basically Alice - http://basicallyalice.blogspot.co.uk/
Katy Tallulah - http://katytallulah.blogspot.co.uk/
Sophie Maie - http://sophiemaie.com/2017/03/26/autumn-playlist/
Stacey Louise White - http://www.staceylouisewhite.co.uk/
As You Wish (Georgie) - http://www.asyouwishuk.com/about.html
Cole Baxter - http://www.coleoftheball.com/p/contact-me.html?m=1
Miss Beauty Emily - http://www.missbeautyemily.com/
Tiffany's Blog Posts - http://tiffanysblogposts.com/
Me, Cupcakes and Tea (Kirsty) - http://mecupcakesandtea.com/
Love, Libby XO - http://www.lovelibby.co.uk/
Eleanor Jane - https://elljt.com/
If I have forgotten any one or you just fancy having a go at this tag yourself then please welcome yourselves and hop on the bandwagon, you are all lovelies!
Oh balls there rules, here we go…
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers
4. Ask them 11 questions
5. Let them know that you have nominated them
Danke schon :)
My questions for you are …
- What do you believe the single most important thing in the world is?
- What are your best couple of tips for getting your blog out there?
- What is your number one favourite type of makeup product e.g eyeshadows, lipsticks, blushers?
- Have you been to or are you in university and if so, what course/s did you study or are you studying?
- What jobs/ careers did you previously want to pursue?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- What is your worst fear and do you have any phobias?
- What's your all-time favourite quote?
- Do you like fashion and what is your favourite fashion-related thing e.g planning outfits, drawing designs, making look books?
- If you could define a person you thought was lovely and just your cup of tea, what would be their top three qualities?
- Do you remember how you got into/ interested in beauty blogging/ YouTube and if so how did it happen?
Thank you so much you sparkly person for reaching the end of this post and reading it all. It truly means a lot to me and I really hope you enjoyed it as much as I did putting the post together! Have a fabulous day!